Dr. Nicole Mullins is requesting lots of female volunteers between the ages of 18 and 69 years for a study assessing how many consecutive, standard push-ups women can do. There is no minimum or maximum number that you have to do, or that you should be able to do to participate.
Dr. Mullins is collecting data as a part of a larger study aimed at generating norms for adult females performing standard push-ups because the only currently available norms involve the modified knee push-up.
If you agree to participate, you will be asked to:
- read & sign the informed consent document,
- complete two very brief health questionnaires, then
- perform a quick warm-up, a push-up test, and a handgrip test.
- Challenging yourself to see how many push-ups you can do
- It’s FUN to challenge ourselves! We will cheer you on!
- Motivating you to take up, or to continue muscular fitness training.
- Having your push-up form assessed by trained personnel
- Contributing to important research on women’s muscular endurance, which is currently lacking
- Being entered into a drawing to win a $50 Amazon gift card!