YSU Celebrates Women’s History Month 2023
The theme of Women’s History Month this year is resilience. Over the past three years, everyone has learned to be more flexible in the face of the unknown. The COVID pandemic hit women and girls especially hard, as seen in the “she-cession” as well as this recent report from the Centers for Disease Control that found teenage girls are experiencing increased sadness and violence.
Let us celebrate the power of women’s resilience this year and also learn more about how to take care of each other while still remaining strong.
Details about the individual events can be found on the drop-down menu under “Events” as well as below:
- Women’s Panel in The Hub
- She Marches: Women in Politics
- International Women’s Day Celebration
- Leading by Faith
- Women Working Lecture
- Too Heavy a Yolk: Why Black Women Struggle in Silence
- Being Resilient: A Lecture by Joy King
- Dance Party in the Cove
- Sisters Circle
- Cis and Transwomen’s Leadership
- League of Women Voters 90th Anniversary & Women’s Hall of Fame
- Space Swim: Art by Carolina Alamilla
A PDF Version of the Women’s History Month Calendar that is suitable for printing can be found below.